- Applications Deadline: January 11, 2019
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue Doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded to study Doctoral of Philosophy programme. The topics for the studentships are open, but should relate to the interests of one of the Department’s research areas: Algorithms & Complexity Theory, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Automated Verification, Computational Biology and Health Informatics, Cyber-Physical Systems, Foundations, Structures and Quantum, Information Systems, Human-Centred Computing, Programming Languages and Security. We also encourage applications in cross-disciplinary areas such as Linguistics, Biology, Medicine and Quantum Foundations & Quantum Computation.
- Scholarship Award: Each studentship will cover university and college fees with a stipend of at least £14,777 per year.
- Nationality: The studentships are for three years and are open to students of any nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are for three years and are open to students of any nationality.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants are normally expected to have, or be predicted to achieve, a first-class or a strong upper second-class grade in either (i) a four-year undergraduate degree (with integrated masters) in a relevant subject (or equivalent international qualifications), or (ii) a three-year BSc/BA degree followed by excellent (distinction) performance in a master’s degree in a relevant subject.
English Language Requirements: You must submit evidence that you meet the University’s English language requirement for your course (or, if you are eligible, you can request a waiver of the requirement), if:
- your first language is not English, or
- your first language is English but you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country recognised by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.